Monday, June 24, 2013

wine cozy

About a month ago, me and several friends celebrated the bridal shower of one of my closest friends, Sheilah.  Sheilah and I met in college and we share lots of fun memories, so I wanted to do something special for her bridal shower.  When a friend and fellow bridesmaid suggested we gift wine for special milestones of their marriage, I knew just the gift to make.  Below are the wine totes I made for the bottles.  Inspired by Adam's mother who made some for us for Christmas, I decided to venture in and make my own.  I didn't use a pattern, but just measured the wine totes that Liz had made for us.  I had to estimate a slightly larger size for the wedding night champagne bottle.  They were a hit at the shower and my friend loved them.  I plan on making more in the future for gifts and I think I will add different fabric on the inside to give them more flair.  I learn something new every time I sew!





No comments:

Post a Comment