Friday, April 18, 2014

DIY holiday

Hello. It's been a while since I last posted.  In this time I've moved apartments and I now have a dedicated sewing/crafting room (aka guest bedroom)!  I'm excited about my new room and so far it's been very inspiring.  In addition, I also bought a new sewing machine to entice my creative juices.  

Given my new workspace and gear, I decided this will be a, mostly, all DIY holiday and I started big!  My quilting instructor taught a holiday quilt class on a tree skirt.  The tree skirt can come in three different sizes, S,M, OR L.  I decided to go with L as my Uncle who loves holiday decorating has a big tree.  The skirt was challenging to make. It introduced me to sewing and cutting different shapes, like triangles, and sewing in a circle.  This is also officially my first quilt, since I haven't actually quilted the batik wall hanging yet.  My uncle was really happy with the skirt and it really brightened up his tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment