Friday, April 25, 2014

smile it's friday!

Good morning!



I once gave a friend who was going through a hard time a journal and suggested she write down 3 things each day that were positive.  I'm not sure that she did it, and while it's advice that I personally gave, I never actually did it myself.  That's changing today.  I think it's always a good idea to stop and reflect on positive things going on in our lives and in our world.  My Friday posts will be a dedicated space to these musings.  I hope you appreciate them and apply it as you need for yourselves.  Too often we get lost in the busy or monotonous rhythm of the day and don't take time to reflect.

Here are my 5 great things about the week of April 21st!

1. I started the week on Sunday at the Ai Wei Wei exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum.  It was fascinating to review a very modern history of China through his work.  Ai Wei Wei was imprisoned for his outspokenness against the Chinese government.  Below is a picture of one of his exhibits, an array of bicycles that is meant to depict the people of China, whose main form of transportation is by bike.



2. I was able to have dinner and catch up with my best friend from high school this week. And we had Magnolia Cupcakes for dessert.  AWESOME!!!

3. Monday and Tuesday there was a conference held in Times Square called "Living Cities of Tomorrow." See the agenda here.  As a trained urban planner, it was exciting to catch some of the discussions online.  It's invigorating to hear so many great minds talking about recreating our cities even though we might not be at an execution stage for all these ideas yet.  You can review some of the discussions here. 

4. As a career focused woman, I try to maintain and create networks within my industry.  This week, I met with a leading affordable housing policy implementer over a morning coffee.  We both have a background in finance and I learned about her transition into the policy world.  While I am not ready to leave the finance part of my career just yet it's never too early to begin thinking, and networking, about a potential future career move.

5. And this would not be a fashion blog if I didn't share my new purchase that arrived this week!  My very first Clare Vivier clutch, which I got during the Shop Bop sale last week.  Cannot wait to use this bag!

Have a great weekend!

written with love,
Leslie :)

1st photo from urbancasita.  2nd photo from my visit to the Brooklyn Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment