Wednesday, April 23, 2014

lestilo cubed is born!

I live in a cube. I mean, I live in a lovely home that I share with the person I love the most, but over 40 hours a week I live in a little grey cube in downtown, NY. The little grey cube comes with lots of rules, one of which is dressing right.  While I've blogged so far about home decor, this is the beginning of my workwear fashion segment and I will generally blog more about fashion in the workplace offering styling tips and wardrobe ideas.  

Working at a Wall Street firm, it takes a certain waredrobe to fit in and too often I see lovely women hiding behind frumpy suits made to replicate a man's look. I believe women are on the rise in corporate America and the generation of 20s, 30s, and 40 somethings out there have the ability to make it to the top (although I know there are many obstacles yet to overcome), but we don't have to look like a man to get there. Let's add some sparkle to the top!  Lestilo cubed is here to inspire working women everywhere to style themselves beautifully and offer career advice as I move along my journey from cube to corner office, or at least up the rungs of the corporate ladder. 

Today, I'm wearing a Banana Republic dress with an Ann Taylor LOFT necklace and Alex and Ani bracelets.The black pumps are one of my favorites from Bandolino. I think the style of the dress is work appropriate while adding the right amount of flare.



written with love, 
                                                                           Leslie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment