Friday, May 2, 2014

5 Things to Appreciate Friday, May 2, 2014


Good morning!

It's finally Friday and it's FINALLY May!  I hope this means we get some hot weather soon.  

Here are 5 things that inspired me this week: 

1.   For better or worse, I jumped on the Birkenstock bandwagon.  Ugly shoes?  I think not.  WhoWhatWear and J Crew don't think so either.  It's all about how you style them!


Photo via WhoWhatWear

2.   This week I took one hour out of my workday to view a webinar.  My company has an entire e-learning website with lots of tutorials and refresher courses on finance.  It’s worthwhile to stay fresh on all relevant topics in your industry.  If your company doesn’t have these resources on hand, try checking out the website of a related independent industry association or simply read a book on a related topic.  You can always ask your colleagues questions or ask them to meet you for a coffee to discuss how to relate your new knowledge to current events in your industry. 

3.   Neurological findings in the Wall Street Journal this week.  Very interesting article on how the brain works.  Deadlines may not be as productive as we think.  Take note procrastinators, if you leave things to the last minute, you may not be developing the best material.

4.   I made it a point to go to the gym 3 times between Monday and Friday.  Happy to report I am set to make my goal today!  Cube living is unhealthy folks.  Many studies show that sitting for even 30 minutes slows your body down and increases your probability of developing heart disease and diabetes.  Check out this graphic from the Washington Post.  Even though 3 hours at the gym out of at least 40 working hours doesn’t come close to fixing the problem, it’s a start.  Stay tuned to my blog for a future post on how to stay healthy in your cube.  For now, check out the blog FitSugar, which has lots of ideas for workouts you can do at home. 

5.  Finally, after a busy week, it's important to take time for yourself.  Whether it's giving yourself a manicure or trying a new facial mask (both of which I took time to do this week thanks to my Birchbox subscription), it's nice to pamper yourself every so often.  


Hope you all had a great and productive week!  Until Monday!

written with love,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment